No products in the cart.
- Digital LED read out with built in memory that remembers last shutdown temperature.
- Precise temperature control with a tolerance accuracy of 0.5 degrees Celsius
- Fully Submersible
- Horizontal & Vertical placement
- Energy saving design
- Quality tested
- For fresh & salt water
- Safety cut off circuit ensures the unit does not overheat even when the water level drops sharply.
- Will power off automatically if removed out of the water.
- Heating function turns off automatically and shows ‘HH’ when temperature exceeds 35 degrees.
- Shatter resistant safety glass
- Heater Guard included
- 2 Year Warranty
- Rated for up to 500 / 1000 litres respectively
- length: 41cm / 52cm respectively
I picked up a pair of these Shogun heaters on sale for $49.95 & $59.95 respectively on sale and thought it would be a great opportunity to test out a new brand of heater. I had heard some good things around these models but wanted to try them out myself. The feature set alone on a heater under $100 is impressive and the included heater guard will save you another $10-20 from your LFS if you’re keeping rough fish. Most notably the auto cutoff both when in excess of 35 degrees and when removed from water as well as the safety cut off when water level drops sharply is excellent to prevent damage to the unit under a whole range of scenarios.
I threw the 500W unit into a 1500 litre system to put it through it’s paces over a 7 day period and the heater ran excellent. Temperature remained stable and didn’t appear strained by the load regularly switching to standby mode. The 300W unit was testing in a 550L system so was not put through quite the same load as the 500W but performed perfectly as well.
At the end of the day with heaters only time will really tell if they are a great unit but these initial tests are a good sign.